Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Back to work.

I am back from my trip and working once again! I just finished several pieces as a gift for a family member, and I have a custom bellflower piece and two momiji sets to be done that are my next priority.



 My first projects of the month:

An orange claw clip made as a gift:

a set of brightly colored  flowers with pin backings for hats:
And polymer clay earrings to match them.



In other news, I am now the owner of a little gimmicky "kanzashi" gadget, One of those fold and sew types which I see as a complete waste of money and a hindrance to anyone who actually wants to make nice tsumami flowers. How did I come to have one then you ask? One of my husband's friends saw it somewhere, and knowing I make kanzashi, very thoughtfully bought it for me. It was kind of him to do so, but it's kind of ironic that I have one now! Still, I have a use for it. After all, I am writing an ebook on kanzashi, and I'll need a picture of one for my section advising against purchasing them! You can do so much better with a simple pair of cheap tweezers, trust me.


No comments:

Post a Comment